Pastor Pedro Garcia visiting from Calvary Chapel Miami
2 Corinthians 11:23-28 (NIV)
The Lord Is Faithful
17 But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. Also I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.18 And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Himbe glory forever and ever. Amen!
Come Before Winter19 Greet Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus. 20 Erastus stayed in Corinth, but Trophimus I have left in Miletus sick.
21 Do your utmost to come before winter.
Eubulus greets you, as well as Pudens, Linus, Claudia, and all the brethren.
Farewell22 The Lord Jesus Christ[b] be with your spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.
- Paul live connected: He was connected to the people of God.
- He understood the importance of the team approach of doing church.
- He always had people around him
- Church is not a place that we just come and attend.
- We need church as much as the church needs us.
- The church is a place to be planted.
- No person is an island.
- We were made for relationships.
- God said it is not good for man to be alone.
- That is what church is all about.
- Church is not perfect and neither are the people in the church.
- God uses our imperfections to make us all beautiful.
- We don’t get the full service of church by watching it just on the internet.
- We are missing out on the best part of church if we are not in the church plugged in.
- The church is where we can build bonds with one another.
- It does also put us in position to experience heart break.
- Paul lived free and to trust God
- Some of the hardest things for us to do is live with the wounds from friends. It can make us resentful and callous.
- He did not put vengeance in his heart.
- He would release the people that wronged him from his heart.
- People will offend you in the church.
- You need to expect, and stay planted in your church and faith.
- Don’t let bitterness hurt you.
- “Bitterness is like swallowing poison and hope the other person dies”
- Forgiving others is to release you, not to release them.
- Jesus said if they will attack him then they will certainly attack us.
- Paul lived focused
- He did not let the mess he was in, stop the message he was sent to give.
- He did not let his circumstances distract him.
- Good or bad it was to serve his calling, not to hinder it.
- Going to prison, gave him the ability to spread the word to his captures and guards that were part of the house of caesar.
- People don’t care how loud you sing when things are going well, they want to hear how loud you sing when things are going bad.
- “Christians are a lot like tea bags, you don’t know what they are made of until they are placed in hot water.”
- Lets not let what is happening to us effect what can happen through us.
- Paul was a man that live aware
- He lived in the awareness in the presence of God.
- 2 Tim 4: 16
- 16 At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them. 17 But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. Also I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.18 And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Himbe glory forever and ever. Amen!
- He knew God was always with him.
- God is always with you, on your side and for you.
- Some of us could be in a very tough season in life
- It is a life that doesn’t make sense.
- Our lives do make sense to God when we give Him our faith.
- Jeremiah 1: 17 - 19
- 17 “Therefore prepare yourself and arise, And speak to them all that I command you.
- Do not be dismayed before their faces,
Lest I dismay you before them.
18 For behold, I have made you this day
A fortified city and an iron pillar,
And bronze walls against the whole land—
Against the kings of Judah,
Against its princes,
Against its priests,
And against the people of the land.
19 They will fight against you,
But they shall not prevail against you.
For I am with you,” says the Lord, “to deliver you.”
- God will hit you the hardest to prepare you for the best moments of your life.